Thursday, August 01, 2013

Guess Who’s Back?

I will give you 3 guesses, oh heck take as many guesses as you want to. If you guessed The Bodyguard you get a prize. That’s right he’s back and he better be back for good or I will castrate him. Just when I gave up on him and let go of any hope of us reconciling, he comes around. He sent me a text yesterday morning. When I saw his name pop up on my phone, I started shaking and then started crying. I really thought he was screwing with me or he had sent a text to me by mistake. I got myself together and opened the text. It said “Hey there, just wanted to say Hello and Good Morning”, I think it was exactly what he had sent to me about a month ago and then dropped off the face of the earth. I was certain that he had moved on and was dating someone else. I thought maybe he meant to send it to her. I waited for about 30 minutes and I replied. After about 3 or 4 text exchanges, I just asked him if he wanted to have a relationship with me. He said YES! There were several more exchanges and then I told him that we needed to talk face to face about some things and he agreed. I met him after work and we talked. I think it might have been a little hard for him. I know it was hard for me. In the back of my mind I kept thinking you are an idiot! But my heart won. My heart told me he was sincere. He brought his dog to my house to meet my dog that I have recently inherited and I think they got along well. It scared me because my dog can be a bit aggressive. At some point in my back yard I kissed him and he kissed me back. Then I kissed him like Michael Squints Palledorous kissed Wendy Peffercorn. I kissed him long and good. Well, maybe not as long as I wanted to but I kissed him good. I have to admit that after he left, I still had a tinge of anxiety that he would disappear again. Then this morning when my phone rang and I looked down and saw our picture pop-up on my phone screen, I grinned and knew he was going to be there for me forever. I think I will celebrate with some cake!

No comments: