Monday, July 01, 2013

I'm Healthy

It's been months since I gave platelets. I used to give them once a month then my shoulder starting hurting. I took Advil to relieve the pain but when you take Advil or Aspirin you can't give platelets. I must be one of the few people left in the world who hasn't had sex with a prostitute or spent time in jail. Those are just a couple of items on the list of questions that they ask me so I'm cleared for the needle. LifeSouth has been calling me nearly every week begging for me to come give platelets again. They say my platelet count is really high, which is a good thing. It takes about 2 hours to do, so since I was off of work, I grabbed a movie and to the hospital I went. I made a point of doing something for someone else. My blood pressure was good and my iron counts was outstanding, it was 14. I got the results of my cholesterol count today and it looks good too, it was 182. It feels good to do things for others. I wish I could do more. Do something for someone today. It will make you feel good.

1 comment:

Rhapsody said...

Healthy is a blessing
you are blessed.