Monday, July 04, 2011

All I Want Is You

About 9 years ago I fell in love with a man who I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. The song by U2 - All I want is you was the song this man so long ago said reminded him of me, he said all he could think about was me when he heard this song. I haven't thought about him in a very long time. Saturday I went to Nashville with 4 girls and when they picked me up there was someone else with them. A man I had met Wednesday night, he was a friend of one of the girls. Our very own personal bodyguard was driving us. I had no idea he would be going to Nashville with us. U2 was playing in Nashville Saturday night. We didn't see them in concert but knowing they were there flooded my memory with my past. There may have been some chemistry between me and the bodyguard, or maybe it was just the alcohol. Today the bodyguard shared a link to the song that touched my heart so long ago. I never spoke of U2 to anyone. Maybe this song was my six degrees of separation to finding a new friend?

No comments: