Tuesday, July 01, 2008
I can't figure out how to add this video, so I just added this link.
Friday, June 13, 2008
Monday, June 02, 2008
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Kelwhy chose "K" because it's the first letter of her name, so I think it's only appropriate that I do the same. So I will use "C"
10 Words that begin with the letter "C"
- Cunt - I hate this word. It is the vilest word I can think of. Well maybe rape is more vile but you hear rape all the time but cunt is not something you hear too often. I think that is why the movie Atonement was nominated for so many awards. It used the word Cunt in the beginning and it was even spelled out in black and white. It set the tone for the movie. Oh and I didn't really care for the movie.
- Catfish - I chose this word because I am reminded of a time about 5 years ago that I went fishing with my Dad on Fathers Day. We were out on the lake all day and I am the only one that caught anything. It was a nice one too. My Dad loves telling that story even if he didn't catch anything. I have the picture to prove it. Me and my 8 pound catfish! .
- Children - Gods most precious gift to us and also the thing that makes us crazy. I believe this happens because of all the hormones that are put in food to make it grow faster. The food hormones that our children consume when they eat gets absorbed into them and it causes them to mutate into something that we can no longer recognize. They look like they belong to us but you are constantly questioning "Who is this child"?
- Chapters - Those are our beginning's and our endings. Sometimes our chapters are interesting and you want to tell everyone to read with me, it's a great life. Then you finish that chapter and begin a new one and sometimes the new one is ugly and you don't want to be there but you trudge on because you know this chapter will eventually end and another will start and you can only hope for another good chapter.
- Canoodle - It's fun to say and It's fun to do. Just thinking about it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.
- Cake - Never pass up the opportunity for celebration cake. If a person is celebrating something and they ask you to celebrate with them, have a bite of cake. What ever they are celebrating will only happen that one time. If it's a birthday, what ever age they are turning will only happen once. Be happy and honored that you were asked to be a part of that celebration.
- Cayman Islands - Because there is sand, ocean and sun.
- Candles - They can set a romantic mood, they illuminate a dark room, they can keep you warm, they can smell good, they calm me when I sit and watch the flame flicker.
- Circles - I don't like them. They take you no where. I like lines.
- Colors - The choices are endless. I like to wear pink. I want to be surrounded in blue. When I see yellow I feel happy. My eyes are Green. Red is a great accent color for my house.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
There are a couple of good things that have happened since I last signed on. A very good friend of mine opened a new Italian restaurant www.tortoras.com and I have been helping him out. I really enjoy this job. It pays real money and I get to actually be around people. I met 2 world pizza champions; Joe Carlucci and Tony Gemignani. You can watch them in action April 02, 2008 12:00 PM ET/PT.
I was accosted by a German Kissing bandit one night. I don't think I need to tell you what happened. OK, I'll tell. He kissed me. I had never laid eyes on this guy before. I was walking out of an establishment and he laid one on me. OK, yes I kissed him back.
I hope to be back to my usuall fun self soon.
The Cake Lady
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Are You Too Picky When It Comes To Men?
You Are Picky When it Counts........
Like most sane women, you want a great guy who will treat you well.
But you're also willing to put up with a few flaws in your Mr. Right
You should congratulate yourself on having a realistic approach to dating.
You probably have quite a few great guys you can date!........
Yep, so true. Your standards are way too high. I’ve taken the liberty of listing what you need to look for in a man.
- Full head of dark hair
- Smart, but dumber than you
- Likes to travel
- Makes a lot of money
- Auburn Fan
- In shape, no beer gut
- No kids
- Will NOT insist on being a gentleman and walking you to the car on the first date.
- Can entertain himself, because after all he can’t expect you to keep him entertained when you can barely keep yourself entertained.
- Knows how to have a good time
- Speaks Carol
- Can make you laugh
- Can watch a chick flick
- Prefers wine over beer
- Fords over Chevy’s
- Good Teeth
- Clean feet, no nasty toe nails
- No back hair
- Can give good massages
- Has patience
- Many more but will stop here
Now see Mom, we live in Huntsville, AL. not all of these are possible.
Lower your standards cuz you’re not gonna live with me when you get old.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
I am not writing this because I plan to change anything. If anything, maybe I have decided that I am not weak, I am brave to protect my children and myself.
What is your idea of bravery?
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
I think one of the most important things that happened to me in 2007 was that I made new friends and became closer with some that I already had.
I had 3 relationships in 2007. I continue to see the White Russian and we become closer everyday. I met Mr. Mustang in December of 2006 and on my Birthday January 21st we became more than friends. Although that relationship didn’t last the friendship did. I tried to be a “Lover” to Mr. Italy and it was fun at the time but I know now that a lover is not what I want. We too have remained friends.
Aunt J and I have known each other since our early 20’s. We didn’t really start hanging out till about 5 years ago and in this past year because we are both single we have clung to each other. She has introduced me to some of her friends and I can now call Playboy and HP my friends. Trick, I’m so happy for you and the Old Man. I would rather be grilling naked at home than out drinking and dancing in the bars. I have known Mildred for about 5 years and it’s only in the last year that we have become like sisters, hence the reason for the alias Mildred.
I met Mr. Drama Battalion, The Chicken Lady, Princess and several others that make me feel comfortable enough to share my thoughts, drinks and smiles with.
I still have some of the dearest friends a woman can ask for. Jewels & Hubby, Jo Jo, Trick & The Old Man, Bull and Mully and Jazz Square, I Love You!
I had the pleasure of meeting and sharing drinks and dinner with one of my fellow bloggie buddies. Sugar Daddy, you are a sweetheart. I haven’t met any of the others but for those of you that are on my blog list then you got there for something more than HNT.
I have gotten stronger when it comes to standing up to Asshole.
I have become closer with my children, Queenie in particular.
I have learned that I can’t fix everything. I can lend an ear, a shoulder or even money but I can’t fix it.
I have learned that it’s Ok to ask for help and if I make a mistake, true friends will forgive.
In closing, I have become a stronger woman because of the lessons that I have learned, the friends that I have grown closer to and the new friends that I have made.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
- Queenie doesn't want a RFCU debit card because it says empower on it. WTF??? She had a Regions debit card but it seems they cancelled her card because even though she had money in the bank, it was not available till after 2:00pm. Pish Posh Queenie! Who gives a rat’s ass if the debit card has the word empower on it? Get over it!
- Asshole got mad because I didn't alert him that Queenie got slugged at a Hockey game. What could he do about it? Nothing? He doesn't even come to the games. I myself didn't realize how bad it was till the next day when her cheek turned black and blue. Side note here folks....is a free Jersey really so important that you have to get violent with the girls that are giving them out? Pish Posh for sure!
- To those people who boycotted "The Golden Compass" I say Pish Posh! Get real, it's just fantasy. Great movie!!!
- Pish Posh on primary elections. It's cool if all the States held a primary election on the same day but just who says the good folks of New Hampshire know anything more than us good folk down here in the South or anywhere else for that matter. I guess what really urks me is that people want to vote for winners and when New Hampshire has a primary and declares winners then too many people will want to vote for a winner and not really think about what they are doing. Pish Posh for sure!
I really don't have a lot to say here today. I am slowly getting out of my funk. Thank God the holidays are over. Next year I might just skip town that way I don't have to pretend that I'm happy. I didn't succeed in fooling anyone this year.
I couldn't cancel Christmas so there is no use trying to cancel my upcoming big 48, so instead I will embrace it. I'm inviting everyone I know to dinner. Not to worry Trick, I'm not cooking. We will all go out where someone will cook for us.
Pish Posh Everyone!
Hugs and Kisses Too!