Thursday, December 20, 2007

Only 5 More Days

If my math is correct there is only 5 days left till Christmas. Someone should probably check me on the math because I have been know just recently to make a mistake in the math department. So many of you have sent me personal notes asking where I am. I'm still around, I just haven't felt the Holiday spirit. Although last weekend I did feel some sort of spirit. Aunt J, Play boy and myself went to our favorite watering hole for some Holiday Cheer. I looked up at the bar and there sat Mr. Drama looking all sophisticated, chatting it up with the Chicken Lady. What I saw him do caused me to have flashbacks from the eighties. It was weird seeing someone smoke hash at the bar. Just Kidding folks, no one was smoking hash but what I saw did cause me to think about something I have not thought of in years. Yes, the Cake Lady in her younger years partook in the evils of illegal drugs. Mr. Drama was smoking his stogies and drinking something from a Brandy snifter. Then I watched him blow the smoke from his stogie into the glass and handed it to the Chicken Lady and she breathed it in. Wow - did that take me back. Very weird indeed. I asked what they were doing and apparently this ritual is quite normal to the stogie smoking world. I think it even had a name but if it does, I don't remember the name. He asked if I wanted to breath this stuff and I declined. I asked what he was drinking and I tried a sip. Mr. Drama turned me on to a Ski Lodge (I think). It was really warm and yummy good. Then someone mentioned a Quaalude. Again I thought I was back in the eighties but it turns out there is a drink called a Quaalude and yes, I had to try that too. I'm glad that I gave all that stuff up.

I want to wish everyone of you a very Merry Christmas. May you be blessed with whatever it is that you need to keep your sanity intact. I suggest a Ski Lodge and a Quaalude.

May God Bless you all!
Love,
The Cake Lady

6 comments:

Chuck said...

I've never heard of anyone blowing cigar smoke into a glass and another inhaling it. Hmmm...maybe I should get out more.

Merry Christmas to you too Cake Lady!

Sugardaddy said...

Ah yes the 80's. I remember them well. It is the late 60's early
70's that are a smoke filled blur to me.....
Merry Christmas Hun!!

sue said...

Trust me... if I could, I'd be drinking myself silly right now! ;)

Happy Holidays, sweetie. Hope you have a good one. (4 days now. Ack!)

SoCal Sal said...

Quaalude! Haven’t heard that word in quite awhile. *flashback* … LOL

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ya!

BO Snagley said...

i had a don johnson white jacket
merry Christmas

BO Snagley said...

i had a don johnson white jacket
merry Christmas