Monday, October 15, 2007

Strange Happenings At The Cake Ladies House

Do you think it is possible for a couple of large ants to turn my DVD player on? I know it sounds very strange but it's the only explanation that I can think of. I returned from Sunny Florida Saturday. I sat down to check my e-mails. The TV was on but I was not watching it. Then my attention was drawn away from my e-mails because the TV got very loud and wasn't making any sense at all. Then I realized that the DVD player had turned itself on. I was the only one in the house and the DVD remote was on the other side of the coffee table. I turned it off and thought "this is strange". This happened again a couple of more times that afternoon. Later I fell asleep on the couch with the TV on and was awakened this morning around 1am because the DVD player had turned itself on. It scared the hell out of me. That time I unplugged it.

This morning while laboring in the bathroom mirror I noticed an extra large black ant crawling on the wall beside me. I know that most people wouldn't be too alarmed at 1 ant crawling on the wall but the strange thing about this ant was that it was super huge and it was black. In the spring time I get small brown sugar ants in the kitchen but I'm expecting them and set dinner out for them. They don't come back to eat again. This ant was black like charcoal. I took some tissue and smooshed it. Then I looked up and there was another one trying to push me out of the mirror. I grabbed another piece of tissue and was going to smoosh this one too but it went behind the mirror and I think it carried my eyeliner back there too because I can't find it. I realize I am making much to do about 2 ants but the thing is, I was raised in the country and have seen many kinds of animals and rodents. I believe these ants to be a new species, and they are large and strong enough to push a DVD power button and steal my toiletries. Tomorrow I fear when I go to put on my make-up and do my hair that I will have to do battle with the ant that hid behind the mirror. And even worse, what if the 2 ants fornicated in my bathroom??? How long does it take for an ant egg to hatch?

I used boric acid to kill the small pony sized cock roaches that were nesting in my pine bark outside, and it also killed my boxwood's. I suppose I could pour boric acid all over my bathroom floor but it would probably also kill the demonic bitch from hell (my cat). I can assure you if she died that I would be the only one to miss her. Well, not really I wouldn't but I'm the Cake Lady and couldn't hurt anything but cock roaches and ants. Most of my friends ask me as they leave my house if they can show her the backside of their car tires.

Wish me luck tomorrow morning!

5 comments:

sue said...

Wow. Good luck. I have no experience, but yes... I believe they could be responsible for your electronics acting funny. Either that or you've suddenly become haunted. It is almost Halloween, you know? :)

Sugardaddy said...

Sounds like you need to quit feeding the cat and sic her on the bugs.
Yeah right like you can train a cat to do anything.....

Summer said...

I too have had to deal with some very brazen ants. They would stand up on their hind legs and wiggle their front ones at you, just daring you to kill them. And I do. They give me the creeps. Good Luck

Slick said...

Geez girl, you better post more often or we'll think those ants carried you away!

Maybe there's a short in your DVD player?

Anonymous said...

You friggin crack me up. I miss your brain sometimes.

Love!!

LeAnn