Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blood on the Birthday Card

Is it wrong to send a bloody birthday card? It was not on purpose it just happened. I was in Wally World perusing the birthday cards. I found the perfect card, as I reached for the envelope the card slipped out of my hand. I tried to catch it and the whole side of it from top to bottom somehow managed to slide right down across my finger. It was just one of those freak accidents. My finger is bleeding like I had taken a razor to it. I pick up the card and the envelope, throw them in the buggy and stand there trying to catch the blood. Several employees walk past me and look at me as if this were a normal situation. I don't know about you but I have never seen anyone bleeding and obviously in distress, and just look at them walk past. I cupped my other hand under the one that's bleeding and went to the service desk to ask for a Band-Aid. Trying to hold my hand under the bleeding hand and push a buggy at the same time takes coordination (something that I am lacking in). When I get there, I politely ask the lady at the desk if I may have a Band-Aid. She looks at me as if I had asked her to do my shopping for me and pay for it too. I looked back at her daring her not to find me a Band-Aid. After a moment she realized that I was not going to leave so she reached behind the counter and took out a Band-Aid. Somehow I just knew that there would be a Band-Aid at the service desk. I'm so smart that way. Anyway, back to the bloody birthday card. I bought the perfect card and when I went to mail it, I noticed a strange brown line down the side of the card, at first I didn’t know what it was and thought it was a printing error and wondered how I didn’t notice this before. Then it dawned on me that this brown line could be my blood. I just loved the card and didn’t have time to go back for another one so I took a brown marker and ran it down both sides of the card and mailed it. Is that bad? Now my DNA is probably sitting on someone’s counter.

4 comments:

Mr. Drama Battalion said...

When you send the card, circle the drops of blood and remind the recipient of what you had to go through to acquire the card and how much you sacrificed for them!

Jay said...

That is a weird, weird thing.
Weird, weird.

Sugardaddy said...

Always be careful where you leave your DNA........

BO Snagley said...

soo, hows the bug situation