Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Funk

Hello everyone. I wish I had something interesting to say but I don't. The Cake Lady is in a Funk. I have been in a funk all week and I just don't know why. I'm not upset about anything. My weight is still looking good. I can't even seem to get upset when I need to be upset. My neighbors back yard is out of control and ordinarily I would be on the phone calling the city but my demeanor right now is "who gives a shit"? Apparently they don't. This is nothing new about the neighbors not giving a shit about their yard. I have to call the city 3 or 4 times every summer. It's not just tall grass, it's turned into a jungle. I should take a picture and post it here.

I think that I feel a little lost and probably need a hobby. Remember several posts back I said that Mr. Mustang would definitely not be Mr Cake Lady but I would love him forever? Then later on I mentioned that I spent Sunday afternoon with Mr. Mustang? Well what I didn't mention was that Mr. Mustang has found another friend. It hurt a little but I sure don't want to be with someone who wants to be with someone else. I know a lot of you folks would say "piss on him" but I'm not that kind of person. I can't hate him because he wants to be with someone else instead of me. It was so very comfortable for me to be with him. I'm comfortable with Mr. Florida but he lives 650 miles away. Talking about this I realize what my funk is. I'm lonely. I guess it's time for my girl friends to start pimping me.

Saturday night I'm going out with some girls. Actually I only know one of them and I don't know her very well but she has always been really nice to me. We are just a little different in our thinking. She doesn't care what people think of her and I worry all the time about what people think of me. The last time that I met up with her, I had a backup plan and used it. I need to be a little more like her. She always asks me to go out with her and I usually can't and have a valid reason. This time I don't have a reason not to go. I wish I could get excited about Saturday night.

7 comments:

The Cookie Lady said...

Get out of your funk! Call Mr. Florida and tell him to get his butt up here to see you, right now!! Go have some fun. Find some cake, a good drink, and some good music and just chill.
By the way, enjoy all the cake you want, but leave the cookies to me!!

Kelwhy said...

Hope you have fun going out this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Since you love kids so much, why don't you spend some quality time with your children? Wouldn't that make you feel better?

Cake Lady said...

My son is in Florida with some friends and my daughter is with her Dad this week.

Junebugg said...

Go and have fun, wait this is Sunday! Hope you went and had a good time.

We all get lonely, having someone around doesn't mean you won't get loney then, too. The problem is you've invested so much of yourself in the kids and other friends/relatives that you've lost yourself. Take so time to decide what you want, pamper yourself a little. Go to some of the holiday events going on, Huntsville is full of stuff to do. Go with a friend or even better-go alone and maybe meet someone new

Jay said...

How did it go? Did you break the funk?

Cake Lady said...

Oh - I broke the funk alright and it was not pretty. A whole lot of crying, too much wine and a good friend (Trickster)who took care of my sappy ass.