Monday, March 05, 2007

Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,
Thanks for your response (I copied it below)
My post tonight will be in response to your response. Yours is in Blue.
First of all if you think the men you are going out with give a shit then you are wrong. You are wrong. How can you say that about people you don't even know.

They are only out for one thing. Again, you are wrong. I don't have 1 night stands. These men that I have had relationships are caring men. I could call any of them up today if I needed something and they would be there for me. I can't fault them because they don't want the same things that I do. Not one of them ever promised me anything. It just didn't work out, simple as that. We dated. That is what people should do instead of getting married only to find out that they never should have married in the 1st place.

Maybe you should really look hard at who you go out with before you think you are in a relationship. I am very picky about who I go out with. In 5 years I have had 3 relationships.

The 1st one didn't work out because he lives 650 miles away. We knew it wouldn't work but had fun. We still see each other from time to time and still have a good time. There are no bad feelings between us.

Another went on for 4 years and it was me who broke this one off. He has too much to deal with and I don't want any part of the things that he brings with him (2 troubled teenagers), I have enough common sense to know that his problems would end up in our backyard. I have no doubt he wants to marry me, but I don't want the things that he comes with.

The 3rd relationship was not what I thought it was. It went on for about 3 months. I also still talk to him. He's just not what I thought he was.

I have been seeing someone since December. Funny, I say everyday that I am not in a relationship with this man. But deep down I know that I would like to be. We go out on dates. He cooks for me, we laugh together, we watch movies, we talk and have sex but we are not in a relationship. Sure sounds like it though.

One night stands are not relationships!
I totally agree with you on this one, that is why I don't have them.

Make sure that that you get to know them before you will commit.
I have no regrets about any of these men that I have had relationships with or what ever it is you want to call them.

I am a therapist and i know. If you would like to schedule a session I will be back in touch.
If you really are a therapist then your response is quite surprising. I have seen therapist before and none of them were as opinionated as you.

Have a great evening move on and be happy!
Thanks so much for your opinion. It did make me think about things. And I regret nothing in these relationships or whatever you want to call them. Sometimes things just don't work out and it's OK to feel emotions instead of trying to hide them. If I feel sad, it's OK. Feel it and move on.

Best Regards,
The Cake-Lady

p.s. I have a lunch date date tomorrow with the man that I don't have a relationship with and we have a dinner and a movie date Saturday night.

3 comments:

Trick said...

What are you bringing him for lunch??? A taco maybe???

Cake Lady said...

LOL! No taco's tomorrow. I'm looking for some Flank Steak (wink, wink) - inside joke to anyone who doesn't know us.

Jay said...

This person is not a therapist by any stretch.

I know how frustrating relationships can be, successful ones, non-successful ones. Anyone who has ever dated or liked or loved has been through hell, right? But I do hope better times are ahead for you.