Friday, January 19, 2007

The Cake Lady is About to Come Unglued!

Funny thing, I'm on my way to work this morning listing to one of my favorite strong women music (Alanis Morrisette), I just can't get enough of that jagged little pill. I'm smiling, the sun is out and I'm getting some on Sunday. As all of this was going through my mind I started thinking that every time I think things are just peachy, something happens.

Shortly after I get to work, one of my customers is trying to cancel a very large order. They can't cancel it but working in sales you have make them understand how taking all this extra inventory is actually a good thing (stress factor 1). About an hour later I get a phone call from GI Joe's principal and the conversation went something like this. Hi the good news is that GI Joe is OK, the bad news is that you will have to come get him from school because he is being suspended for 3 days. GI Joe is a good kid but he was involved in a fight and we have a no tolerance rule and he will be allowed to make up his work (stress factor 2) Then GI Joe gets on the phone and is crying (stress factor 3). Instead of Lunch today I had to get my teeth cleaned, I get so uptight at the dentist. I didn't have any cavities though (stress factor 4). And of course, I have got myself so worked up about Sunday. I have the worse case of the perpetual "What ifs" (stress factor 5). My shoulders are so tense that I am in physical pain (stress factor 6).

I need some cake and a shoulder rub.

1 comment:

Junebugg said...

Hello from someone who lives in Moulton (just the other side of Decatur)

Saw you over at Kill the Goat (ain't Jay a hoot!) and followed the link here. Nice to see a fellow 'Bama blogger.

Hope you get all de-stressed and have a great weekend!