Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 is finally here!

A review of 2006. In January of 2006 I had my right hip replaced. During this ordeal I found out when Queenie passed out in my hospital room that she has a heart condition. After numerous test, we found out that she will outgrow this condition that is brought on by stress and low blood pressure. I guess seeing Mama laid up with tubes all in her and me with no make-up was just more than she could take. I spent most of February recuperating from the surgery. March brought me to Daytona for bike week. What a blast and what I diverse group of people. I also took the kids to the Georgia Aquarium and we all had a blast. In April Spring the season that wakes me up! May or should I say May Day! May Day!, this is when I started having some pretty severe anxiety attacks and had to resort to medication. Which in turn made me gain 20 pounds. In June I took GI Joe to an air show in Tullahoma TN and got so hot that I think I had a heat stroke. This would also be the month that I nearly had a knock down drag out with My Ex's new girl friend. What can I say, she is a freak and was telling everyone that my children were her children. I called her on it and all I can say is it got ugly. In July I was able to spend some time with a friend who I met about 2 years ago just before he went to Iraq and we have stayed in touch ever since. August I started blogging and found that pouring my heart out on paper helped me to see things in a different light. September, what can I say? GI Joe started middle school and two weeks into the school year we have concerns about him passing 6th grade. My dreams became more bizarre and my lack of sleep nearly sent me over the edge. I started craving cigarettes badly and I have not had a cigarette since Dec 6th, 1985. October may have been the best month of 2006 for me. Me and the piglets and my sister and her piglets went to Panama City Beach Florida with my Dad and his wife and wife's daughter and family. This was a trip that I had dreaded for 10 months because as much as I love my father, we have nothing in common. As it turned out, I enjoyed my time with him and all the family tremendously. We do have fishing in common. Every night we went to the pier and fished. We fished for what ever would jump on our hooks and Daddy fished for Shark. GI Joe had the best luck, he decided to crab. He had so many crabs that we had to give them away. Next time we will be more prepared so that we can keep the crabs and cook them. In November many lives were turned upside down when a friend was involved in a horrific car accident, she later passed away and left us all to ponder why and how this could have happened. December was a full month. I took Queenie to New York City to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip got off to a rough start with flights cancelled, luggage lost and the hotel that I booked on-line surely must be described as a slum, but we chose to make the best of it. We had a blast!!!!. Then at the end of the year I ended up just where I started at the beginning of the year. I had my right hip replaced. If I get anymore hardware in my body, I think I could qualify as the Bionic woman.

2006 is over and I'm glad. It was not the best year for me. It wasn't the worst year either. I have high hopes for 2007. I no longer make resolutions, I do however make lists. I'm going to share this list with you in hopes that you will occasionally ask me how the list is going.

  1. Paint my living room, bedroom, hall and both bathrooms
  2. Lose 20 pounds at a rate of about 2 pounds per week.
  3. Return to my power walking after my hip is completely healed.

That is a start. I don't want to over whelm myself so I'll tackle this list before I make another one.

Welcome 2007!

1 comment:

Egan said...

These goals are modest and plenty doable. Good for you and happy belated 2007!