Tuesday, October 24, 2006

So Much to Say.....

Where do I start? There is no beginning and there is no end. Saturday I visited with my second family and watched the ballgame and ate, and drank a little and ate some more. My second family is a very large family and they welcome everyone. One of the family members didn't show up because she felt it was more important to stay at home and mope. She did send her husband and child though. I wish that she could see things from another perspective. This extended family member seems to want to take on all of her families problems but not address her own. I think this is called co-dependency. Not only is she a co-dependent but she is so obviously depressed. I know because I have been there before. Luckily I got help. This girl has a husband, a child, good health, a very nice home, nice car, doesn't have to work, and yet she looks at things like she is a victim. She complains because she is lonely, she complains that she is fat, she complains that her husband drinks to much, she complains that no one understands what she is going through, yet she does nothing about it. It has been suggested to her that she and her husband see a counselor but she will not see one unless he/she is a Christian counselor. I don't see how she can judge someone until she has at least tried it. But if that's what she thinks will fix things then by all means find one, quit complaining and recognize how truly blessed you are. I am afraid if she keeps pushing people away (in particular her husband) that she will push him to much and he will not come back. My prayer for you my friend is that you take the help that is offered to you from all of your friends and family and help yourself.

Then there's Norma Jean. She has again floored me. She is seeing her ex-husband again. Does the girl have no self respect??? This guy is scum. Sure he may be doing OK right now but he's been there before. I can see the pattern why can't she?

Oh well - I have to stop, this is just depressing. I should pay attention to what my horoscope said today. If you are down now, you don't have to stay down. You are able to rise.
Take Care and God Bless!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Depression can hit anyone, even those who seem to have it all. Unfortunately, a symptom of depression is not feeling anything, thus, not really realizing that things have gotten bad. Yes, she should definitely get help, and I hope someone helps her see this, because it seems sad that she is wasting her life being unhappy.

Egan said...

People read horoscopes still?